To book a programme, please complete the booking form and fax, email or post it to us. Bookings received via emails, fax or post will be dated and processed in order of receipt. Please note that bookings cannot be made via phone.
For confirmed bookings, your school will receive a confirmation letter from us, with information about your programme. If you do not receive a confirmation within 2 weeks of booking, please contact us immediately. The confirmation letter must be brought along for the programme.
In the event that the number of students and accompanying adults is more than the maximum capacity indicated on the confirmation letter, a surcharge will be levied. For more information, please refer to our booking Terms and Conditions.
Please download the booking form here.
How do I pay?
The Museum will send your school an invoice upon completion of the programme you have signed up for. Cheques should be made payable to "National Heritage Board".
Please note that no receipt will be issued.
What if I cancel my booking?
Unfortunately, fees will not be refunded if you cancel less than 30 days from the commencement of the programme.
Should the Museum initiate cancellation of booking due to unforeseen circumstances, we shall endeavour to inform the school at least 30 days prior to programme commencement and refund the fees in full. However, we will not bear responsibility for travel expenses or any costs which the school/client might have incurred.
For booking of school programmes, please contact email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel: (65) 63323669 |
Fax: (65) 63323587
For booking of school visits with more than 20 participants, please email email@example.com.
For emergencies and lost & found, please contact any of our staff at the Visitor Services Counter at level 1.
Terms and Conditions For School Bookings
Waiver of Liability
Students must be accompanied with teachers at all times (recommended ratio of 2 teachers to 40 students), during the entire duration of the programme/workshop. The National Museum of Singapore shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any loss, injury, mishap (including personal injury) of any students and/or teachers.
- Fees will not be refunded for any school booking cancelled less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the programme. The full fees for the programme will be chargeable to the school/client.
- In the case of a no-show by the school/client on the actual day, the full fees for the programme will be chargeable to the school/client. No-show applies when client is late for more than 15 minutes without notification. Workshop is automatically cancelled after 15 minutes and full fees will be charged to the school/client.
- Should the Museum initiate cancellation of booking due to unforeseen circumstances, we shall endeavour to inform the school at least 30 days prior to programme commencement and refund the fees in full. However, we will not bear responsibility for travel expenses or any costs which the school/client might have incurred.
- Each booking received will be allowed 2 rescheduling requests, provided that the first request for rescheduling of programme times and dates is received more than 30 days prior to the commencement of the programme and the second request for rescheduling of programme times and dates is received more than 14 days prior to the commencement of the programme.
- Subsequent re-scheduling requests will be charged at 50% of programme cost per request.
- No rescheduling will be allowed for any school/client bookings within 14 days prior to the commencement of the programme.
- Should schools/clients be late for the programme, the programme will be modified and components of the programme may be omitted to ensure that the programme finishes at the timing(s) stated in the confirmation form.
- No extension of time will be allowed to compensate for the later start time.
- Should the Museum start the programme late due to unforeseen circumstances, the programme will be delivered in its entirety.
- The programmes are designed for a maximum number of students to optimize learning and ensure that each student receives adequate attention from the programme facilitator(s). The maximum capacity for each programme is indicated together with other details of the programme.
- If the number of number of students exceeds this capacity, there will be a 100% surcharge to be borne by the school / client.
For craft-based/performance-based programmes, it is recommended that teachers/parent volunteers assist in the facilitation of the craft activity/performance.
- To ensure a fulfilling and enriching museum experience for all students, teachers should not initiate any toilet break for students while the programme is in progress. This also helps to ensure minimal interruption to the programme. Our Museum staff will ensure that students visit the restroom prior to the start of the programme.
- Teachers should ensure that students follow basic museum etiquette, so that the Museum can also be enjoyed by other visitors. While the Museum’s facilitators will remind students to talk softly, teachers should also ensure that students refrain from rowdy behaviour, especially in common and waiting areas. Students should also not be allowed to roam or run around the Museum without supervision.